Message us on Whatsapp now

Answered below

Frequently asked questions

Q. Once I’ve found a house I like, can I reserve it?
All our houses are offered on a strictly ‘first come first served’ basis. Once you’ve viewed a house and decided to take it, you will be given a copy of the tenancy agreement to read (normally electronically). Once you are happy to commit, you will need to pay a deposit, sign the tenancy agreement (a binding contract) and the house is then reserved for your group.

Q. Can my mum or dad contact you?
Absolutely. No problem! We are very happy to send a sample contract to them and answer any questions that they may have.

Q. Will I need to provide a guarantor for my rent and other tenancy obligations?
Yes, you will. You’ll need to provide us with details of a parent or guardian (usually a UK home owner) who would be prepared to guarantee that you will pay your rent and fulfil the terms of your contract with us. As the majority of young people have not as yet been able to establish a credit history or provide references from previous addresses, landlords will usually require that they have their obligations guaranteed by their parents or guardians. Guarantors stand surety for (guarantee) rental payments and any other tenancy obligations. Essentially, they are the landlord’s insurance policy against tenancy default. If the tenant does default, the guarantor pays the landlord the rent, as well as any losses, expenses or damages where the tenant fails to carry out his/her obligations under the lease agreement. All tenants must usually have their tenancy obligations guaranteed before they can move into a house. If you cannot provide a UK Guarantor, then there may be other options that we can discuss priv`tely with each individual.

Q. Will I have to pay Council Tax?
No. As a student, you are currently exempt from Council Tax, but ONLY IF YOU COMPLETE THE RELEVANT DOCUMENTATION. In most cases, you will need to access the council website online, complete an exemption form and return it to the council together with the Council Tax Exemption Forms that the University should provide you with. It’s really important to remember that if you don’t complete and return these forms, the Council will charge you Council Tax.

Q. Can I contact you in the evening or at the weekend?
Yes, if it’s urgent, we’re available 7 days a week, but for most routine maintenance stuff its best to send us an email or use our property management portal so that we can track your problem till its solved

Q. Does the house have an Internet connection?
Yes. All our houses are Internet ready. All you need to do is find a service provider.

Q. Will I have to provide my own TV?
No. Every one of our houses comes equipped with a TV in the communal lounge - some also have a TV in each bedroom. But ALL have aerial points in bedrooms too

Q. What if something goes wrong in the house?
We have a team of tradesmen ( including plumbers, electricians etc ) on call, who will respond ( usually very quickly ) if anything goes wrong.

Q. How much should I budget for gas, electricity etc?
This depends very much on usage. If you want to have a "bills inclusive" tenancy then just let us know and we will be able to sort that out for you. Our bills inclusive provider gives you unlimited gas and electric, internet and water throughout your tenancy at 1 fixed charge.

Q. Will I have to pay rent through the summer?
Yes, in most cases you will.

Q. How long is the contract for?
Contracts are usually for 52 weeks, unless you are taking one of our houses which is being refurbished (these tenancies are often slightly shorter).

Other contact info